This post contains affiliate links.
This was a customized Gamer Paladin D817 system and included the following:
- Case ( Azza Triton Gaming Case – Black )
- iBUYPOWER Labs – Noise Reduction ( Basic – iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System – Reduce System Noise )
- Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
- Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155 & 1156] – ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade )
- Memory ( 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module – ** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand )
- Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 – 2GB – Single Card )
- Motherboard ( [SLI] ASUS P8P67 Deluxe — 2x Gb LAN, 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth )
- Power Supply ( 850 Watt — CoolerMaster RS850-AMBAJ3-US – **
- Primary Hard Drive ( 2 TB HARD DRIVE — 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s – Single Drive )
- Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive – Black )
- Flash Media Reader / Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer – Black )
- Network Card ( Killer Xeno Pro Gaming Network Card )
- Operating System ( None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only )
- Advanced Build Options ( iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System – Protect your investment during transportation! )
- Advanced Build Options ( Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound – The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks )
- Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower – Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis )
- Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower – Basic Pro Wiring )
[easyazon-image-link asin=”B004L2LAD4″ alt=”iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme Intel A958i Gaming Desktop Computer (White)” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KSL0S%2BerL._SL160_.jpg” align=”left” width=”160″ height=”160″]I upgraded to the Asus P8P67 Deluxe board and with Liquid cooling I should be able to safely and stably overclock the i7-2600K CPU to 4ghz from it’s default of 3.04ghz. I have heard that some can overclock to 4.5ghz fully stable and major gaming rigs with excellent cooling can push a whopping 5ghz overclocked with this CPU.
The great thing is the company upgraded the DDR3-1333 to DDR3-1600 without cost which gives me faster memory without any extra fee.
I opted for a SATA-3 6GB/s 2TB 7200 RPM Drive instead of the default 3GB/s SATA-2 drive in the offering. I also didn’t have the extra money for an SSD drive but if I did, I would have purchased a Vertex OCZ SSD drive as my boot drive. Still I am running on an old 3GB/s 1TB drive now so I should still see some improvement, especially since it has 64MB cache instead of 16mb cache which my current drive has.
I paid a little extra for extra careful packing and using better compounds and wiring so that my system would survive UPS ground transport better and would have better airflow.
This entire rig wound up costing me just over $1300 including shipping and using a 5% off coupon for the total order.
Now I should be able to multitask without issue and do more screencast presentations as well as play some of the latest games without frame rate and lag problems. Time to say goodbye to my old Athlon-X2 system.