This post contains affiliate links.
Sometimes I make my kids lunch or dinner depending on how busy it is around the house and if my wife needs me to cover the kids meals, I am not a good cook and am also very lazy in the kitchen (though I have been known to make some mean salad’s and the occasional grilled meal). I developed the ultimate system for making grilled cheese sandwiches that is actually much healthier than pan frying the bread in butter or oil.
Simple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of American or cheddar cheese (preferably a really soft cheese like Kraft Singles or Velveeta Singles)
- Put two slices of bread in the toast and set it to about medium
- As soon as the toast pops out of the toaster place both slices of cheese in between the two toasted slices on a plate.
- Put the whole sandwich in the microwave for 9 – 15 seconds (depending on how high powered your microwave is)
- Watch the sandwich cooking and when the cheese melts and curls around the bread its done.
- Take out, slice sandwich and serve.
Total time is about 5 minutes, no butter or oil in the bread and the bread is nice and toasted while the cheese is gooey. My kids love it, and its healthier and quicker than pan frying Grilled Cheese.