This post contains affiliate links.
Recently Hootsuite changed so that they show you a splash page when going to the Hootsuite app even when you logged in, this bypasses you going straight to your dashboard so you didn’t have the ability to have a working Hootsuite Chrome Desktop Application. This is easily fixed however as Hootsuite Support gave a directly URL to use for Hootsuite desktop applications.
First, in case you didn’t setup Hootsuite as a Desktop App you can do that now.
- In Chrome visit Hootsuite.com and sign in
- When you see your Dashboard, click on the Tools Button or Customize and Control Button
- Click down on More tools
- Click on Create Application Shortcuts…
- Now you will see a Black Owl icon appear on your desktop
- Right Click on Your Hootsuite Desktop App Shortcut
Your target line will probably look something like this:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –app=https://hootsuite.com
- All you want to do is change the –app=https://hootsuite.com portion and make it look like this
- Then click OK
Now double click on your Hootsuite Desktop Application shortcut and you should show up in the Dashboard right away if you are already signed in.