This post contains affiliate links.
Keeping romance alive in your relationship is essential, what comes naturally early on takes a little more effort and thought when you have been with the same person for many years, live together and share kids together.
Remember that marriages or relationships are work and require upkeep. Complacency ands comfort are great but can be toxic if you and your partner don’t make an effort to keep passion alive.
One simple thing I have done is occasionally, maybe once every week or two is make homemade chocolate covered strawberry and banana kabobs. One of my wife’s favorite treats she appreciates that I take the time to make them instead of just buying them.
The best thing is they are inexpensive and so easy to make, I have simplified and perfected the process into these steps.
For 2 kabobs you need the following:
- 1 banana
- 6-10 medium strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bar of chocolate (any type you like, milk chocolate, dark chocolate or even just a Hershey’s bar)
- Chop the banana’s into pieces about as thick as two fingers. Cut large strawberries into quarters. Alternate banana’s and strawberries as you slide them onto the kabob.
- Break up chocolate bar and put into microwave safe bowl. Put 2 tablespoons of butter into microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave chocolate for 20 seconds, test stir with spoon. Repeat in 20 second intervals until chocolate can be stirred with spoon. It will be very thick, take it out of microwave.
- Microwave butter for 20 seconds and check it, microwave again until butter is melted. Then remove from microwave.
- Now slowly pour the melted butter into the melted chocolate. You pour very little and then stir. Get the chocolate to a consistency where you can scoop it up with a spoon and drizzle it. It can’t be too thick or thin, so keep checking. I will say approx 1/2 the butter depending on consistency you want.
- Using the spoon, drizzle chocolate/butter mixture over your strawberry banana kabobs generously. Then stick the dish in the fridge for one hour for the chocolate to set and chill. Or if you want to serve it with warm drizzled chocolate you can serve right away.
Only takes about 5 minutes to make this great dish and my wife loves it.
So take the time to find out some of your wife’s favorite desserts and make it at home for her. Surprise her sometime, it goes a long way to keep romance alive.